Good Life Counseling and Support is looking for a full-time Community Youth Coach & Electronic Monitor. Community Youth Coaching is a youth-guided, family-driven service that provides an innovative individualized alternative to detention, strengthens community safety, and appearance in court through intensive relationship building, skill building, and positive youth development. Community Youth Coaches (CYC) will be skilled in assisting youth in navigating formal and informal systems, advocating for the youth, and building advocacy skills with the youth, and provide individualized coaching. Community Youth Coaching provides the opportunity for face-to-face contact with the youth in addition to engagement with the Supervising Officer, parent(s)/guardian, and other contacts such as school officials, therapists, etc. Frequent and meaningful contact with the youth is required to facilitate relationship building and influence positive behavior change.
Electronic Monitoring- Provides active and direct supervision of any juvenile placed on electronic monitoring (EM) who is involved with the justice system, under the supervision of Juvenile Probation or participating in problem-solving courts. Trackers are responsible for installation and removal of EM with direction from the probation administration. They are required to provide monitoring twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year and immediately notify assigned officer of any concerns. Training and ongoing training is required.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting and working with youth as their mentor that assists with their personal development and skill building
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — focus on the details of work
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction’
Job Type: Full – Time
Pay: Starting at $18/hour
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- two years of coursework in human services field and/or two years of experience.
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Submit Resume and references to email@example.com or mail to PO Box 2315, Norfolk, NE 68702
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.